Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gene Michaud - Ceremony Of Life

In the span of my lifetime knowing Gene and Barb for years this was truly a saddening time. I considered looking at Gene as my Uncle. He was always there from when I was a little kid, always joking and a glowing man of honor and happiness. A few months ago he lost his battle with Cancer, but he didn't give up. He fought to the very end. If there is one thing that he taught me it was to love life and do the things that make you happy. Though in the past decade I hadn't spent much time with him due to family differences on my end where I hadn't visited Niagara that much, I always looked at him as a fighter. He lived his life with pride and shared many of good times with all. I truly wish Barb peace in knowing he was a great man, a great father, and a great "uncle" to many. Here are some photos of Barb, Cindy and Gail at the ceremony where we cherished the memories created in the life we had knowing him. It was a pleasure to be there and pay my respects to a brave man. It was also refreshing to see Gail and Cindy again since I was pretty young the last time I had seen them,





1 comment:

  1. Will, I just want to thank you for this lovely blog. Yes Gene and I both thought of you and Katie like our nephew and niece. He would be proud that you are living your life the way you want to. Be happy. and always remember the door is always open here. Love you Barb xo

    ReplyDelete